After a year and a half of hard work and hype, the VideoCoin Network project has debuted its blockchain-powered video infrastructure platform – the VideoCoin Network. The network is for distributing, encoding, and storing video content, and going into the video processing and delivery arena.
For the first time, users can now live stream video content on the VideoCoin Network enabled by the VID Token, which is now available on the KuCoin and Beaxy cryptocurrency exchanges. Content providers can start streaming today at the Videocoin Network.
“We built the VideoCoin Network from the ground up as a next-generation solution to allow anyone to stream video using our blockchain-powered video infrastructure platform,” said Devadutta Ghat, CTO at Live Planet – strategic services and technology provider to the VideoCoin project – and Principal Architect at VideoCoin Network. “I’m thrilled to officially unveil the VideoCoin Network today, marking a major milestone on our journey to revolutionizing the multi-billion dollar video streaming market.”
This release consists of several important components including:
The VideoCoin Network is one of the first blockchain projects to integrate a third party fiat payment processor, underpinned by a consortium of banks. The model is optimized to enhance the utility of the VID as a reputational staking token that powers the network and ensures the most qualified network operators are serving customer needs. In order to put VideoCoin contributors in an advantageous position and ensure tokenomics optimize the mechanism and the reward for stakers, the team burnt 66 percent of its total token supply. The unprecedented move allows VideoCoin to focus on the staking component of the network, where miners are paid in fiat for performing work and the balance of the functions will be driven by the remaining tokens.
“We are thrilled for the launch of the VideoCoin Network, but more importantly, we’re excited for the future,” said Halsey Minor, CEO of Live Planet. “Video is fundamental to the human experience. It’s the way we connect, the way we learn, the way we express, the way we grow. As such we believe this experience should be in the hands of everyone, and not in the control of a few. Decentralization of video infrastructure through the VideoCoin Network is how this will happen.”
This news comes on the heels of the debut of the Blockchain Virtual Reality (VR) Network (BVRN), a VR network built specifically for the blockchain industry. The Network will feature in-depth and engaging VR programming from top blockchain industry influencers including Bad Crypto Podcast, Crypto Trader, Boxmining, BLOCKTV and CoinCentral.com boasting a combined global audience of half a million blockchain enthusiasts, all shot with the Live Planet VR System. This first customer use case of the VideoCoin Network is harnessing the power of blockchain to make 4K stereoscopic 3D video cloud processing more efficient, less expensive, and more secure.
Developers interested in incorporating live or on-demand video into their projects can visit https://studio.videocoin.network.
The VideoCoin Network is a decentralized video infrastructure platform redefining the process for creating, storing, and distributing digital video content. Developed by the VideoCoin Development Association Ltd. to run on a new blockchain with a native protocol token, the VideoCoin (VID). Powered by a large-scale, distributed video infrastructure, the VideoCoin Network will usher in “the new cloud,” by marshalling underutilized computing resources from around the world to revolutionize video services with blockchain technology. The VideoCoin Network ecosystem will lower costs by deploying unused compute resources and peer-to-peer video distribution, enabling a new generation of applications via open APIs and open source-based development, with increased privacy using decentralized, end-to-end encryption.
- VideoCoin Network Goes Live – August 27, 2019
- Charlie Shrem Backed Particl, Launches First Products for Sale – August 27, 2019
- Karuschain Opens Applications for Blockchain Beta Testers Among Precious Metals Mining Companies – August 27, 2019
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises – August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number – August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies – August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin – August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts – August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences – August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology – August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS – August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived – August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds – August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins – August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace – August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame – August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research – August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company – August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo – August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey – August 16, 2019
Also published on Medium.