Swiss-based blockchain fintech company Jibrel Network, a blockchain-based fintech company has just launched Jibrel.com — a new regulated blockchain-powered private financing platform.
It was recently accepted into the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) RegLab cohort in the UAE and the words of Yazan Barghuthi, Jibrel’s co-founder and CEO:
“We are excited to be launching a vertically integrated private lending platform that will take startups from inception to maturity. The platform will increase investor transparency, simplify regulatory oversight and improve liquidity — by providing a streamlined platform to buy, sell and transact startup equity.”
As a company, Jibrel’s purpose is to foster open financial systems and digitization powered by emerging technologies. Its mission is to tokenize an array of assets (including debt such as bonds and Sukuk, as well as programmable tokenized equities and real estate) in a manner that is borderless, asset class agnostic and customizable for different use cases.
“Jibrel was founded with the aim of tokenizing traditional financial assets,” said Barghuthi. “In collaboration with ADGM, we successfully settled the first Digital Sukuk with Al Hilal Bank and since then have further explored, researched and developed technologies that can assist in retail debt issuance. Now we have set our sights on tokenizing traditional equity. “
The basic premise behind the company’s upcoming launch of Jibrel.com is a native blockchain-powered private funding platform that will enable investors of all genres to connect with startups and SMEs, creating new capital formations.
As Talal Tabbaa, co-founder and COO of Jibrel, added:
“We at Jibrel will collaborate on the technological, regulatory and financial spheres to bring real-world equity on-chain, thus redefining how companies are established, funded and managed — and ultimately transforming the global capital markets in the process.”
Private financing platforms are set to completely change with the utilization of blockchain technology. Private financing has skyrocketed in popularity over the past decade or so. There are more than 375 private financing platforms to date. In North America alone, private financing volume totalled $17.2 billion in 2017. Globally, the industry is expected to hit $300 billion by 2025, with over $34 billion raised to date.
With the integration of blockchain technology, private financing platforms are expected to change for the better and thus grow. Tabbaa further explained:
“We believe that the digital economies and financial markets of the future will be built on digital assets, including tokenized equities and securities. Blockchain platforms will work as enablers, democratizing investment securely, transparently and efficiently in regulated environments.”
Barghuthi said he sees ADGM as particularly well positioned to provide regulatory support for Jibrel’s private financing project:
“With ADGM, we’ve found a forward-thinking, fast-moving regulator that provides the proper framework to facilitate the seamless transaction of equity tokens, furnishing equity with the efficiency and simplicity of Bitcoin and other related digital assets.”
Private financing presents a major growth opportunity in MENA. With the UAE and other Middle Eastern countries seeking to diversify their oil-based economies, young and tech-savvy entrepreneurs are starting new and successful businesses and are obtaining investor backing. As Tabbaa believes, “Jibrel.com will transform the MENA startup ecosystem by providing access to a broader investment base — including individuals, VC funds and institutional investors. By accessing a bigger investment pool, these startups will raise more liquidity, and spur the growth of this sector further in the region.”
As for the future, Tabbaa state:
“We are just at the beginning. Once we have launched a regulated blockchain-powered private financing platform, we then hope to develop an alternative investment platform for new asset classes. Further down the road we will integrate these with an alternative trading system to facilitate secondary trading of private tokenized equities. Our aspiration is to bring greater transparency and democratization to how private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) fund managers raise capital, and in so doing, ultimately usher the fund and investment management sector into a new era.”
As part of its efforts towards developing the first fully regulated blockchain-powered equity financing platform, Jibrel has enlisted Eversheds Sutherland as an advisor. Eversheds Sutherland is one of the most internationally renowned legal advisory groups in the global financial sector.
For more details or to apply for early consideration (as a startup or as an investor), please visit www.jibrel.com
Jibrel, headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, is a leading blockchain development company, specialized in permissioned financial technology solutions for banks, corporations, governments and regulators. Established in March 2017, the Jibrel Network aims to leverage the latest innovations in cryptography, distributed ledgers and smart contract technology to build the financial networks of the future.
- Jibrel to Launch Regulated Blockchain-Powered Private Financing Platform – September 2, 2019
- Hedera Hashgraph Public Mainnet To Hit The Internet on September 16th, 2019 – August 29, 2019
- Dubai’s Wethaq Partner with R3 to Digitize Islamic Capital Markets – August 29, 2019
- MERJ Exchange Cuts Deal with FCA-regulated Globacap to Offer Tokenized Securities to EU Investors via Seychelles Stock Exchange – August 29, 2019
- Ethereum Classic Labs Teams Up With iZbreaker to Construct and Launch New Platform on Ethereum Classic – August 29, 2019
- Hyper SpeedNetwork (HSN) Launches Protector Master Node Program To Build a 5G-Blockchain Ecosystem – August 29, 2019
- Canadian Bank of England Governor Mark Carney Calls for a Global Monetary System to Replace the Dollar – August 28, 2019
- Algo Capital Closes Algo VC Fund at $200 Million – Doubling Expected $100 Million – August 27, 2019
- VideoCoin Network Goes Live – August 27, 2019
- Charlie Shrem Backed Particl, Launches First Products for Sale – August 27, 2019
- Karuschain Opens Applications for Blockchain Beta Testers Among Precious Metals Mining Companies – August 27, 2019
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises – August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number – August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies – August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin – August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts – August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences – August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology – August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS – August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived – August 20, 2019
Also published on Medium.