A fresh report from Juniper Research claims the total value of B2B cross-border payments stored on the blockchain will exceed $4.4 trillion by 2024 – a massive increase from the mere $171 billion in 2019.
According to research author, Dr Morgane Kimmich:
“The implementation of blockchain is part of a wider strategy for financial institutions to digitally transform operations. Blockchain will enable stakeholders to reduce operational costs in a competitive market that is becoming increasingly commoditised”.
The new paid-for research, Blockchain: Key Vertical Opportunities, Trends & Challenges 2019-2030, estimates that financial institutions will save $7 billion by 2024. How? Apparently automation of KYC tied to the Blockchain will ease in identifying users via self-sovereign identity platforms.
Juniper, however, is giving away some intel with a free paper called, 5 Most Promising Use Cases for Blockchain.
Juniper Research investigated fifteen top blockchain vendors, judging them on experience in the sector, marketing efforts and customer deployments along with their blockchain solutions. They positioned the 5 leading vendors as follows:
- Infosys Finacle
The research scored IBM highly for its diverse blockchain solutions in production, with a strong client base for many verticals. Additionally, Infosys Finacle has established itself as a leading blockchain provider for financial institutions, with global partners and popular blockchain solutions.
The researchers determined that Ripple, Visa and IBM are driving blockchain innovation in cross-border payments with Ripple leading the market since 2012 and capitalising on its early mover advantage to grow to over 200 financial institution partners in 2019.
“However, Ripple is facing increased competition from Visa B2B Connect and IBM Blockchain World Wire, which have already grown their presence in 60 countries and have high-profile partners in the financial ecosystem. The research anticipates that both companies will continue to exploit their global presence, trusted brand names and established partner networks to scale their solutions.”
Juniper Research provides paid-for research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector; providing consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary.
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 – November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time – November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In – November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International – November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry – November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka – November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum – November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK – November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors – November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector – November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board – October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs – October 31, 2019
- Blockchain Gaming Project Immutable Sells out US$6.2 Million Genesis Sale – October 31, 2019
- Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey Backs ICO Exchange Platform Coinlist – October 30, 2019
- Mastercard Teams Up With Envisible to bring Traceability to Food Supply Chain in Topco Stores – October 30, 2019
- Korean Mobile Payment App Chai Reaches 500K users in 4 months – $54 million in Transactions – October 30, 2019
- Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) Foundation Announces New Research Arm – Seeking Four Post-Quantum cryptographers – October 25, 2019
- Thailand’s SEC Approves ICO Platform – Leading the Region in Progressive Token Regulations – October 25, 2019
- Chinese President Xi Jinping Vows to Accelerate Blockchain Technology Innovation in China – October 25, 2019
- World Economic Forum Teams up with Seven Mining, Metals Companies On Blockchain-Driven Supply Chain Solution – October 25, 2019
Also published on Medium.