Non-profit research institution focusing on blockchain technology Wanxiang Blockchain, and PlatON, the pioneering global privacy-preserving computing network announced the launch of an open-source consortium blockchain infrastructure, PlatONE.
Yu Cheng, General Manager for Digital Insurance Innovation at Minsheng Life Insurance said:
“For years, Minsheng Life Insurance has invested in blockchain and big data solutions in the hopes of bringing greater digitalisation to the insurance sector. With PlatONE, we have been able to see the benefits to be reaped from blockchain, especially when coupled with privacy-preserving technologies. Now having seen the limitations of legacy centralised insurance solutions, we look forward to continuing our collaboration with PlatONE in order to enable progressive digital solutions for the insurance industry.”
PlatONE addresses the existing inadequacies in today’s blockchain infrastructures and provides greater security, scalability, and privacy for data sensitive industries looking to gain the benefits of blockchain. With its emphasis on privacy-preserving computing and efficient, optimised consensus, PlatONE is a next-generation infrastructure designed with the needs of enterprises in mind.
PlatONE includes several user-friendly features such as one-click contract data migration and a contract naming service (CNS). Along with with easy-to-use toolchains and components, as well as optimised user-permission models, the open-source infrastructure can be tailored to a variety of use cases and application scenarios. In order to ensure that the network is compliant with local data privacy requirements, PlatON leverages a host of cryptographic algorithms and privacy-preserving computing. PlatONE provides a mature ecosystem for blockchain application and development, allowing developers to easily migrate and create technology stacks for the wider consortium ecosystem.
Ada Xiao, Chief Strategy Officer of PlatON said:
“From the Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project to R3’s Corda, the ongoing rise of consortium blockchain solutions has provided a viable starting point for enterprises looking to experiment with distributed ledger technology. These platforms have allowed companies to significantly improve their business processes and internal operations within a secure, efficient environment. PlatONE looks to take this a step further, allowing companies to leverage both a decentralised network structure but also access easy-to-use toolsets that will allow them to implement, operate, and maintain blockchain-based solutions throughout the entire lifecycle of their businesses.”
PlatONE has also onboarded Minsheng Life Insurance, as one of its partners. Minsheng is known as one of China’s largest insurance companies with over 40,000 employees and 25 provincial-level subsidiary companies across the country. By leveraging on PlatONE’s infrastructure, Minsheng has developed a suite of decentralised applications, including an internal digital insurance record-keeping system, as well as an unspent transaction output (UTXO) model. Minsheng has also established four collaborative nodes based on PlatONE and has deployed rigorous data security measures with PlatONE’s privacy-preserving technologies.
To date, PlatONE has successfully executed proofs-of-concept (POCs) across application scenarios ranging from supply chain finance, anti-counterfeiting and traceability, points management, equity registration, logistics, and asset management for charitable trusts. Most notably, a supply chain financial platform built on PlatONE has successfully attained 56 participating companies from the technology and banking sector, with financing estimated in the tens of millions.
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China – October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra – October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp – October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit – October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra – October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country – October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million – October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) – October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act – October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding – October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting – October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round – October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges – October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace – October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts – October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association – October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency – October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain – October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data – October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO – October 2, 2019
Also published on Medium.